Executive Assistant to the Rector
Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration is now accepting applications for Executive Assistant to the Rector. The Executive Assistant supports the office of the Rector to provide effective organizational and pastoral leadership to a large and busy church. We seek an intelligent person who is highly organized, comfortable with spreadsheets and database management, and possesses significant self-initiative. Strong personal character is a must, with humility, humor, and discretion being important characteristics. In addition to a resume, candidates are invited to submit a cover letter introducing themselves, describing past successful working experiences in a team environment, and how they understand themselves to be qualified for this position. Cover letter and resume should be sent to
The Rev. R. Casey Shobe
Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration
14115 Hillcrest Road
Dallas, Texas 75254
or emailed to Fr. Shobe. Applications will be received through the end of February. Invitations for interviews will be extended through March 17. We hope to onboard the new Executive Assistant in mid-April.
- Manage Rector’s calendar (scheduling appointments, meetings, and small events)
- Organization of small meetings and events for Rector
- Assemble and distribute Vestry meeting packets (agenda, minutes, reports, etc.)
- Code credit cards and keep track of receipts
- Prepare weekly staff meeting agenda
- Maintain church calendar
- Assist with all parish mailings and process incoming mail
- Order office supplies and maintain copy room
- Assist in managing parish database
- Manage RSVPs for congregational events
- Assist staff in printing worship materials and other publications, as needed
- Coordinate service participants for funerals, weddings, and special services
- Work with Communications Director to coordinate information for publication
QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS
- Advanced computer application skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, E-mail).
- Comfort working with database software (additional training in church database provided).
- Skill with accessing digital documents in “cloud” environment.
- High level of discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- 32-hour work week (flexibility between four or five day work week)
- Individual health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, prescription, and behavioral health coverage)
- 9% Employer paid pension, with the opportunity to contribute additional funds to a 403(b)
- Three weeks paid vacation
- One week paid sick-leave
- Twelve weeks paid maternity leave; four weeks paid paternity leave
- Salary range $45,000 – $55,000