This group, organized by Ron Damholt, meets monthly to explore and be engaged by fine works of fiction, either a novel read preceding the meeting or a film they screen together. In their discussions, they consider the moral qualities of the characters, the presence and leading of God in the work, and the author’s exploration of good and evil and justice and injustice. They are regularly being challenged by the movie or text to more obedient, faithful living.
We will be discussing the following books and movies for the remainder of 2023:
- July 27, book: Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)
- August 24, movie: Monsieur Vincent, dir. Maurice Cloche (1947)
- September 28, book: Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid’s Tale (1986)
- October 26, movie: Paris, TX, dir. Wim Wenders (1984)
- November 16, book: Michael O’Brien, Theophilos (2012)
- December 28, movie: Little Women, dir. Gillian Armstrong (1994)