VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL 2017
June 12-16 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | for Children in PreK through 4th grade
We’re excited for our 2017 Vacation Bible School: Hero Central. Together we’ll discover the qualities that make us truly heroic in God as a we worship, play, learn, and enjoy time together. This annual week-long camp is June 12 – 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Registration is for children age 4 (by September 2017) through completed 4th graders (rising 5th graders).
Registration is now closed. If you missed the deadline, please contact Cindy Hauser, Director of Children’s Ministries.
Donations are always welcome! Click the Donate button below if you’d like to contribute towards registration fees.
Thanks for signing up! Are you ready to be one of God’s Heroes?
Vacation Bible School is filled with incredible Bible-learning experiences kids see, hear, touch and even taste! Fun crafts, team-building games, awesome Bible songs, and tasty treats are just a few of the VBS activities that help faith grow. Our kids will also have an opportunity to practice being one of God’s Heroes by participating in a clothing drive for homeless children of Vogel Alcove.
Here are a few more important details you need to know.
- VBS will be held at Parish Episcopal School in The Snyder Building, located on our campus. The Snyder building is the building closest to Spring Valley Road, on the southwest edge of the campus. You can enter off Spring Valley or come in off the Hillcrest entrance and just drive around to the back.
- Since everything is hands-on, kids might get a little messy. Be sure to send your child in play clothes and close toe shoes.
- Please be prompt in bringing and picking up your child each day. We begin at 9:00 a.m. each morning and end at 12 noon. Our volunteers are very concerned about the safety of your child. Please help them by checking your child in and out daily with the teacher. Note on Friday you will pick your child up in the church.
- God’s HEROES have HEART! Heroes are all about making the world a better place. As a response to God’s call to action our outreach project for 2017 VBS is collecting Toddler & Children’s clothing and footwear for the homeless children of Vogel Alcove. Each day there will be an opportunity to bring a different item of clothing or footwear for boys and girls. Suggested sizes: Toddler 2T, 3T, 4T and Children’s 4, 5, 6.
- Tuesday, we are collecting boy’s shirts & shorts
- Wednesday, we are collecting girl’s dresses, shirts & shorts
- Thursday, we are collecting socks & underwear for boys and girls
- Friday, we are collecting footwear for boys and girls
Another opportunity to show your HEART is to our volunteers. We will be accepting snack food items, at our check in table, to give to our volunteers daily. SIGN UP HERE.