At Home Communion
On Sunday, September 27, we will once again share communion as a whole church, together and also safely distanced. This is how it works:
- Register by Monday, September 21. To register, access Realm using the button below or by contacting Lana Mederos (firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-233-1898, ext 223). Please follow the instructions carefully to be sure we have the right information.
- Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email from the church that includes all pertinent details for logging in to Zoom at 5:00 p.m. on September 27.
- Join us for virtual worship on Sunday, September 27 either on the Facebook Premiere at 9:00 a.m. or on the Transfiguration website.
- Either pick up communion at the church between 11:30 – 1:00 on September 27, or it will be delivered to your home in the late morning or early afternoon. This depends on what you choose in the registration!
- Open the packet and place the consecrated Sacrament somewhere appropriate.
- At 5:00 p.m., follow the link included in the packet (it will also be emailed in advance) to join us for a live conclusion to service.
- Receive communion with the whole Transfiguration community simultaneously.
Remember, in order to participate, we need you to register! Even if you participated in previous communion events, you must register again. But also know that, if you miss the registration window, you can still come to the church on September 27, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to pick up a packet in person. We don’t prefer this, as it’s harder to prepare for, but we don’t want anyone to miss out!
In this strange time of sickness and separation, the Eucharist feels holier than ever, because it reminds us that we are bound together in and with Christ, and neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from his love for us (Romans 8:38-39).