This is how at-home communion works:
- Register by April 25. To register, access Realm using the button below or by contacting Lana Mederos (firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-233-1898, ext 223). Please follow the instructions carefully to be sure we have the right information.
- Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email. Please note that the Eucharist will be part of our Sunday morning worship service, so there will be no Zoom link this time.
- Join us for virtual worship on Sunday, via the Facebook Premiere at 11:15 a.m. or on the Transfiguration website.
- Either pick up communion at the church between 9:00 am – 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 1, or it will be delivered to your home prior to 11:15 a.m. This depends on what you choose in the registration!
- Open the packet and place the consecrated Sacrament somewhere appropriate.
- Watch the Facebook Premiere of service at 11:15 a.m. on Sunday – which will include the Eucharist.
- Receive communion with the whole Transfiguration community simultaneously.
Remember, to participate, we need you to register! Even if you participated in previous communion events, you must register again. If you miss the registration window and would like to pick up a communion packet in-person, please ask someone at the front desk on Saturday, May 1 from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m., and they will try to accommodate you. We don’t prefer this, as it’s harder to prepare for, but we don’t want anyone to miss out!
In this strange time of sickness and separation, the Eucharist feels holier than ever, because it reminds us that we are bound together in and with Christ, and neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from his love for us (Romans 8:38-39).